Friday, March 4, 2011

Hundred more years

Yesterday my wife brought my two boys up to work, along with a lunch for us all.  It was really special to share the afternoon with them, however brief it be.  My older son, Peter walked by my side through the halls where the students fiddled through lockers and socialized during their free time. Passing colleagues kindly joked, "new student?" 

Peter stands just above my knees and viewing him as a future high school student is a challenge to say the least.  However, soon enough his day will come in these same halls (hopefully) and I will watch him grow as I've watched five classes pass through this school already in my time.  I still feel like a new teacher sometimes, but now I'm running into college graduates whom I taught.

Peter's brother Thomas is our baby at home.  I barely remember Peter the baby, as he transitions to big boy gradually.  Soon enough Thomas will be big, too, and Thomas the baby will be but a memory.  Thankfully pictures and videos fill our hard drive at home to aid where memory fails.

The kids keep growing, and coincidentally the parents do, too.  A song over the radio expresses my feelings better than my written word ever could.  Francesca Battistelli "Hundred More Years."  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment